Website Westdale Asset Management
With a proven track record since 1991, Westdale has grown organically to become a leading top 50 U.S. vertically integrated real estate investment management, property management, leasing, and construction services firm with offices throughout the United States. Westdale has demonstrated the ability to find opportunities, create effective marketing programs, undertake strategic capital improvements, and achieve operational efficiencies with multiple classes of real estate including multi-family, office, and retail.
Currently, we are expanding our operations into the Single-Family Rental (SFR) market in several key areas across the United States. The SFR market is growing rapidly as many renters now prefer a single-family residential experience with the benefits of professionally managed communities and upscale amenities. This has created an amazing opportunity for a proven SFR leader to join the Westdale family. If you are a successful, experienced SFR leader who wants to make your mark, build an amazing SFR team, and partner with a prominent property management enterprise, this is the career opportunity for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementation, execution, reporting, and management of the entire SFR asset portfolio.
- Set strategy and provide guidance for lease rates to optimize gross rents and lease-up pace.
- Lead marketing efforts to maximize traffic, leasing activity, and rental rates.
- Set expectations for quality criteria and procedures for unit acceptance and turnover protocol.
- Responsible for oversight of lease administration, rental collection, delinquency, interviewing and managing staff, budgeting/forecasting.
- Examine property income, expenses, net operating income, and performance versus budgets and lead coordinated effort to maximize profit and asset valuation.
- Perform property inspections as necessary to assess curb appeal and property conditions and create action plans to resolve issues.
- Monitor resident engagement and work to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Respond to escalated resident issues and work to resolve complaints professionally and timely.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the property management industry managing a portfolio of single-family homes.
- Full knowledge of current fair housing and landlord laws.
- Computer skills including proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Yardi Voyager or other similar property management software experience.
- Superior operational, analytical, financial, and technical skills.
- Knowledge of P & L statements and GLs with the ability to create and meet budgets and control costs.
- Ability to think strategically, apply problem-solving skills proactively, and aim for constant product and process improvement.
- Proven ability to effectively select, motivate, supervise, coach, and lead highly effective and productive teams.
- Ability to effectively interact with prospects, residents, vendors, employees, and business partners.
- Dedicated professional with outstanding attendance.
- Ability to multi-task and constantly meet deadlines under tight time restraints.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Property management certifications (i.e. CAPS, CAM, ARM, CPM, etc.) or undergraduate degree in business, real estate, or finance a plus.
Location and Travel:
Position based at Westdale’s offices in Dallas, Texas at The Epic.
Must have the ability to travel domestically by air and automobile.
Valid Texas drivers’ license and personal vehicle with state-mandated liability insurance.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market salary
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, personal/sick time, and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Credit union
- Service recognition awards
- Employee assistance plan
- Free Parking
- Apartment rental discounts
Our application process includes criminal background checks and drug screens.