Website Westdale Asset Management
We are seeking a business-side solutions architect with extensive experience working with SharePoint Online and the combined product offering of the Office 365 ecosystem. Our ideal candidate has experience building SharePoint sites where User Interface and User Experience come together with backend functionality to meet defined business needs.
While basic coding knowledge would be required, this is not a development role (working with code to build applications) but rather to build SharePoint sites and solutions using OOTB SharePoint functionality and other business-side add-on tools. Our ideal candidate would be technically proficient when it comes to the business applications in the Office 365 suite, particularly SharePoint, Excel, Flow/Power Automate, PowerApps, and other tools designed for business users to build engaging, effective SharePoint Online sites and solutions.
- Leverage Office 365 technology, using SharePoint online sites/lists, workflows, calendars, etc. to build business solutions
- Integrate Office 365 technologies such as PowerBI, Teams, PowerApps, etc. to extend and enhance business solutions
- Develop SharePoint sites using OOTB functionality, page and site templates, and add-on tools if needed
- Implement and configure web parts, lists, libraries, views, forms, and other SharePoint solutions
- Create SharePoint sites in Modern UI
- Build forms and workflows using Office 365 tools including Flow and PowerApps
- Implement migration plans for migrating content and data to SharePoint Online
- Create other work productivity tools such as shared calendars using SharePoint web and app parts
- Work with users to understand their needs, translate business needs into design requirements and gather additional requirements to create a SharePoint site that meets those needs
- Communicate complex technical issues to non-technical business users and stakeholders in a simple, concise, and direct manner
- Train end-users via in-person presentations, web meetings, and documentation
- Maintain documentation and build PowerBI reports to track work
Technical – Required
Advanced proficiency (5+ years’ experience) in the following tools:
- Strong SharePoint online skills and experience including:
- Modern and Classic UI
- Hub Sites and Site Collections
- Managed Metadata and Term Store
- Access control groups
- Security and compliance center
- Creating custom views
- SPFx Web Parts and Apps
- SharePoint Designer
- User Interface/ Front-end design work using business-side CSS toolsets
- Proficiency in MS Word, PPT, and OneNote, as well as Internet research tools
- Proficient in using Excel to report on data in meaningful displays incorporating pivot tables, graphs, and charts in a way that facilitates business and operational insights.
Intermediate proficiency (2-4 years’ experience) in the following tools:
- Microsoft Visio
- Experience in building automated workflows in tools such as AgilePoint, Nintex, etc.
- Knowledge of Sharegate, KnowledgeLake, Third-party SharePoint tools
- Adobe Creative Suite/Adobe Sign
- Experience in an analytics-focused role or role reporting on content usage
Non-Technical – Required
- Ability to work with constantly changing with shifting priorities, adapt quickly
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to various audiences
- Ability to gather requirements, write functional/technical specifications, and communicate them
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Attention to detail with an objective problem-solving attitude
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
Non-Technical – Preferred
- Experience working in content management, document management, asset management, and/or knowledge management; understands the roles of metadata, user experience, and other key aspects of effectively managing information for business users.
- Strategic IT project management and familiarity with agile software development
- Experience in a consulting role with highly developed business acumen
- A service-oriented mentality and refined interpersonal skills
- College degree in Computer Science, Business, or substitution with 6+ years’ experience.
- 6+ years of experience working with SharePoint, SharePoint Designer and Classic UI
- 5+ years of experience working with Office 365, Forms, CSS & HTML
- 2+ years of experience working with Microsoft Teams, PowerBI, PowerApps, Flow, and Modern UI
Our application process includes criminal background checks and drug screens.