Website Deep Ellum Commercial
We have an exciting opportunity for a Groundskeeper/Make Ready Technician to assist us in effectively managing our commercial properties in Deep Ellum. This is a great entry-level opportunity to start your career with a growing property management company and learn commercial property maintenance. Apply now!
- Performs cleaning and upkeep of restaurant/retail exteriors for commercial properties in Deep Ellum.
- Maintains clean parking areas, trash collection areas, common areas, landscape, and walkways.
- Removes graffiti weekly and pressure washes as needed.
- Cleans interior of properties once tenants have vacated.
- Performs light make-ready work as needed including light plumbing and electrical.
- Prepares and moves record storage boxes between corporate office and warehouse as needed.
- Distributes boxes of copy paper to corporate offices as needed.
- Assists corporate office management with special projects as needed.
- Ability to work 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday and take after-hours calls in the future.
- Dependability, good attendance, and punctuality.
- Valid Texas driver’s license, reliable personal transportation, and state-mandated automobile insurance.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English to be able to communicate with tenants and employees in a respectful, professional manner.
- Must be able to: lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, work from heights, use basic maintenance tools, read, and understand SDS for chemicals, and operate pressure washer.
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions.
- Willing to learn additional maintenance skills.
- Must be able to understand and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Prior make ready skills such as taping and bedding, painting, and small concrete work a plus.
- Prior maintenance skills such as plumbing, electrical, or HVAC a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market salary
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, personal/sick time, and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Credit union
- Service recognition awards
- Employee assistance plan
- Free Parking
- Apartment rental discounts
Our application process includes criminal background checks and drug screens.